members drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

members drive

Post  andy on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 am

ok guys we need some ideas on how we can attrack some new memeber i ahve the website going now but we need to get our name out there anyone got any ideas im working with my sponsers on getting some memebers gifts

andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: members drive

Post  kelso on Mon May 02, 2011 5:57 pm

I got a great idea It's called fishing. We need to get out and fish, I have a couple of guys i take to 51 and 52 and want them to get in with the club. We need to be more hands on i think. I challenge all members to bring one new member to the club and promote the sport of bass fishing.
kelso

Back to top Go down

Post  andy on Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm

i second kelso on his challenge

im also thining we do a newbie fun fish everyone try to bring a newbie tp teach about bass fishing

andy
king basser
king basser

http://www.westcoastbassanglers.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Huntwriter on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Kelso is right. Most members that join my hunting forum are people that I talk to personally on my hunting trips, seminars and other personal appearances. Very few members join from spreading the word on the Internet. If you have a truck and boat, I am sure you do, put the W.C.B.A. logo, if you have one, with the website and forum on it. Also print business cards and hand them out to other anglers when you go fishing.

As for the internet join facebook, twitter, GetReeled and other social websites where you can spread the word.
Huntwriter

http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Back to top Go down

new members

Post  fish 'n chick on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi...thanks for the seminar on Saturday, Andy. Everyone is hyped about going bass fishing for the first time - except for me. I'm from Ontario & lived to bass fish all the time I lived by Lake Huron! I think our club West Coast Fish 'n Chicks should be able to bring you some new members. They'll be hooked - no pun intended, well maybe just a little! - after this weekend.

fish 'n chick

Back to top Go down

------<•}}'>{]~~~~~~

Post  Iyekim76 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:58 am

Just dropping by to say Hi!

I'm new to bass fishing and was around Pitt Slough past both golf courses. Finally caught my first bass in BC drowning a wormie on a float! Just wondering if there's a bunch of you fly guys chasing these critters? If so, please share some info on patterns and colors!
My friends from Ontario goes gaga for bass fishing and after hearing all these bloody stories, I thought I'd do some research and stumbled on this site! Anyways, I'm hoping to eventually meet a bunch of you so I can understand what's so special about this fishery...;D

Mike SL

PS. Is it really necessary to use a 8wt fly rod? I do have a 8wt rod and a couple 6wt and am trying to understand if these fish really are that powerful? FISH ON AND TIGHT LINES!

Iyekim76

Back to top Go down

Post  Quin on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Welcome to the site.

IMHO the reason for the heavier weight rods are to turn over large and bulky flies and to be able to cast those flies in windy conditions. The larger bass flies are definitely not aerodynamic. An idea would to take both a 6 wt and an 8 wt with the lighter rod rigged with a smaller fly and large fly on the other.
As for patterns, wooly buggers are a good starting point, as well as Dalhberg Divers and Clouser minnows. Deer hair patterns are lighter and easier to cast than the cork and "plastic" ones.

http://globalflyfisher.com/staff/petti/bassbugs/deer.html

I'm sure Newsman will help you out, if you send him a PM.

Quin

Quin
lunker
lunker

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi, I'm the fly guy here. My history in fly fishing and as a fly fishing instructor goes back 41 years. You will lower mainland bass fly fishing different than other locations. They have been here for almost 100 years and were a well kept secret up until about 15 years ago. Consequently they are well established in their locations and have evolved to be quite selective in their food sources.

I found the learning curve for Ontario Bass to be short as I did Idaho Bass. Here in BC it has taken me two years for study to dial them in.

In answer to your question; yes you want an 8wt. I did not believe that myself since I have had no problems with 8 to 10 LB rainbow and coho using my 6wt. Well one seven pound bass showed me why I needed an 8wt. While I was able to land the bass on my 6wt, the lack of backbone in the rod my it an unpleasant experience. It felt like a wet noodle in my hands.

As for flies to use in our local waters, most recommended for other locations are to big. Stick to sizes 6 to 4 and keep the tails short so you don't get short strikes. if you are not a fly tyer I recommend you start because what is on the commercial market is going to let you down. As for flies I recommend Wooley Buggers in size 6 or 8, tied thin on wrap of yarn for the body. Crappie poppers (if you can find them) in size 6 or 8, not bass poppers are too big. Minnow patterns Zonker, Clouser's Deep Minnow, or Dolly Whacker, (the Dolly Whacker is mt pattern and can be found in the book A Compendium of Canadian Fly Patterns) in sizes 6 to 4. Lastly easiest to find and ty, the Chernbyl Ant in 6 and 8.

That should get you started.

Fly fishing for bass is a wide open field for pioneering. After all these years, this year 2011 saw the second only World Fly Fishing for Bass Championship, compare that with all the other world championships, and you will see what I am talking about.

Have fun!

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Hi Quin!

Post  Iyekim76 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:19 am

Quin wrote:Welcome to the site.

IMHO the reason for the heavier weight rods are to turn over large and bulky flies and to be able to cast those flies in windy conditions. The larger bass flies are definitely not aerodynamic. An idea would to take both a 6 wt and an 8 wt with the lighter rod rigged with a smaller fly and large fly on the other.
As for patterns, wooly buggers are a good starting point, as well as Dalhberg Divers and Clouser minnows. Deer hair patterns are lighter and easier to cast than the cork and "plastic" ones.

http://globalflyfisher.com/staff/petti/bassbugs/deer.html

I'm sure Newsman will help you out, if you send him a PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Quin,

Thanks for the quick reply! I totally forget to check the message boards till now. I've been doing some research through YouTube the patterns fly fishers tie and it seems really intricate. I've picked up a hair stacker already and will slowly build up my confidence in tying bass bugs.;D. Thanks for the link you posted!

Mike

Quin

Iyekim76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top