Just a feeler...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a feeler...

Post  scubasteve on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey guys, I am thinking of making a recessed mount for my foot control. It will be made out of 1/8" aluminum, and all TIG welded and powdercoated just like the commercially available ones. Actually I've never seen a 'factory made' one so I cannot confirm that they are even TIG welded in the first place, but mine will be.

What I would like to know is if there is enough interest out there to build a few extras for you guys. I can tell you right now that they won't cost the $140 USD like the others do. The powdercoating can also be done in any colour to match anything on your boat as well.

I will have to do some number crunching to see what I can make them for, but for now just know that it will be at least as good as the 'name-brand' ones and will cost considerably less. I will have to see what powder-coating will cost for these things before I can get very serious about giving them a final price-tag.

Also, if there's anything else that you think you need and could possibly be built by a metal fabricator such as myself let me know.

I am posting this on a few sites, just to see if there is an interest so don't be surprised if you see this post in another forum.

Thanks!

Steve

scubasteve

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top