New boat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New boat

Post  bassinmatt on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey all, new here my name is Matt and iam 22 years old living in Maple Ridge.Really into river fishing as well as stillwaters fly fishing for 'bows.The past year I have gotten very into bass fishing.About two weeks ago I picked up a new G3 10 foot jon boat.I know its small but its all I need! I was wondering if anyone has done any customizing to a 10 foot jon? I would really like to get a deck on it for the days out bass fishing, and also for ease of fly fishing off of.Any insite in this would be great, I know it is stable enough for me to stand in as is but am wondering if the deck would make it any less/more stable? Thanks for your time!

bassinmatt

Back to top Go down

Re: New boat

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:01 pm

The higher your center of gravity the more tippy it will be

Back to top Go down

Post  newsman on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Can be done, one of our ex-members Shane tricked his out quite nicely. He is with the Pacific boys now; you can reach him there. IF THEY WE LET YOU ON THEIR SITE, they tend exercise prejudice toward us.

newsman
world record holder
world record holder

Back to top Go down

Post  Huntwriter on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:14 pm

I've a 14' LOWE jon-boat and I am just done building a platform with a pedestal seat and now work on the carpeted floor panels. Everything is removable because come fall that same boat is turned into a waterfowl boat. Smile On the first test run I found that the boat was a stable as ever despite the higher platform (higher center of gravity). I guess jon boats (flat hull) are more forgiving in that way than a V-hull boat.
Huntwriter

http://www.othmarvohringer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ESF on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:11 am

if still interested: check out this search... on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=deck+a+jon+boat&oq=deck+a+jon+boat&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1603l5473l0l5825l15l15l0l8l1l0l147l698l4.3l7l0

ESF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top